Drinking Beer May Help Prevent Breast Cancer In Women
A new study by the University of Illinois at Chicago reveals that drinking beer could help prevent breast cancer in women. The study shows that hops may activate chemicals that prevent tumors from developing. One of the ingredients in hops increases the rate of estrogen metabolism.
Researcher Judy Bolton says “We need to further explore this possibility, but our results suggest that 6-PN could have anti-cancer effects.”
There are other health benefits of drinking beer. Here are a few:
- Beer helps keep the kidneys healthy. A Finnish study shows that drinking beer can help reduce development of kidney stones by 40%.
- Beer can help with digestion. Dark beer has lots of fiber.
- That fiber can also help reduce "bad" cholesterol.
- Beer can help boost your vitamin B levels.
- Beer as a cure for insomnia! Lactoflavin and nicotinic acid, which are both present in beer, can promote sleep.
- Beer drinkers have a 40 to 60 percent reduced risk of suffering a heart attack compared with non-beer drinkers.
Get more information on the health benefits of beer by clicking HERE.