Get Ready for Delays if You Travel South Western or Bell
A few minor things will slow you down this week with TxDOT, however the City of Amarillo will start a new project on South Western and Bell that will slow you down until September.
Lane closures routine maintenance work:
- Watch for crews working seal coat operations on:
- US 60 in both directions from Eastern Street to State Loop (SL) 335.
- Various lanes of the Interstate 27 frontage roads in both directions from Western Street to Washington Street.
- From 7 p.m. Wednesday, July 11 to 6 a.m. Thursday, July 12, State Loop 335 will be closed in both directions at I-27 for the placement of bridge beams. Eastbound loop traffic will detour to Sundown Lane while westbound loop traffic will detour to Bell Street
City of Amarillo:
- The southbound lanes of Quarter Horse Drive will be closed to through traffic. Southbound traffic will be detoured east on Tee Anchor Boulevard to Highland Street, south to Interstate 40, then west on I-40 frontage road to return to Quarter Horse Drive. Northbound traffic will remain open. Repairs to the roadway should be completed by Friday, July 20, weather permitting
- Street Overlay project is scheduled to begin on Thursday, July 12 and is expected to last until the second week in September. The overlay project includes Western Street from Arden Road to I-27, Bell Street from Hillside Road to 34th Avenue, and S.W. 3rd Avenue from Adams Street to Grant Street.
As always, slow down in construction zones.