Here’s the Answer To the Age-Old Question, ‘How Long Should I Wait To Call?’
The lifestyle brand AVE Concepts recently asked 2,000 people when it's appropriate to do certain things in a relationship.
Remember the 90s movie "Swingers"? In the movie, it was said to wait 3 days to call someone after you get their number. What about other "milestones"? Here's the list:
- Lovemaking .. 5 dates
- Talk about politics and religion ... 5 weeks
- Call each other boyfriend/girlfriend ... 8 weeks
- Disclose past criminal record .. 2 months
- OK to mention ex-partner .. 2 months, 3 days
- Introduce partner to friends .. 2 months, 19 days
- Talk about children ... 3.5 months
- OK to wear unattractive underwear ... 3 months, 24 days
- Introduce partner to family ... 4 months
- Ask questions about income ... 5 months
- Comfortable enough to pass gas ... 5 months, 21 days
What about texting? It's not so much how long you wait, but what you say. If you say, "Hey. Me and and my friends are at X bar. You should come meet us,” you can send that text hours after you meet not seem weird.
For more great observations, check out www.thedatereport.com.