‘Every Drop Counts’ Hopes To Save Water In Amarillo This Summer
You can win a Kindle Fire in the "Every Drop Counts" poster contest!Winners will be chosen from the following age groups (school year 2016 – 2017): K through 2nd grade, 3rd through 5th grade, Middle School and High School.
The Grand Prize is a Kindle Fire. Other prizes include and individual +1 pass to the Amarillo Zoo and an "Every Drop Counts" gift bag.
The prizes will be awarded based on the best way the poster conveys the spirit of the "Every Drop Counts" theme.
- The contest theme is “Every Drop Counts.”
- The poster should be artistic, positive in approach and focus on water conservation.
- Poster must be at least 11 x 8.5 inches, but not larger than 17 x 11 inches and must be in a landscape (horizontal) layout.
- Poster may be submitted on paper or poster board.
- Must be student’s original artwork.
- No signatures on posters.
- No syndicated, copyrighted or clipart images.
- No computer aided or copy-machine poster entries.
- A completed entry form must be attached to the back upper right corner of each poster submitted
- Reproducibility of the poster will be a factor in the judges’ decisions, so use good lettering with bright, high contrast colors.
- The Texas Water Development Board “Water for Texas” Coloring Book may be used for creative ideas. Copies of “Water for Texas” may be picked up at any Amarillo Public Library, City Hall or found online at http://tinyurl.com/twdbcoloringbook
Submissions will be accepted at City Hall or any Amarillo Public Library (APL) from now until Noon Friday, July 1.