Updates on Amarillo Lane Closures and Continued Projects
We know we have construction everywhere in Amarillo. Here's some of the latest lane closures for this week.
- Right lane on I-40 westbound will be closed at Paramount on Monday, April 10, to finish removing forms for a bridge rail repair.
- Left and center lanes on Interstate 40 westbound will be closed at Whitaker Road for bridge deck repair on Tuesday, April 11 from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- I-27, various lanes will be closed throughout the week near the intersection with Georgia Street for patching repairs.
- Right and center lanes of Interstate 27 southbound will be closed near the intersection with Hillside Street for patching repairs.
- Be aware of slow moving operations on I-40 and I-27 for vegetation control.
US 60 Downtown:
- Northbound thru traffic on I-27 will be detoured to Fillmore Street.
- Buchanan Street will be closed to thru traffic between 8th and 6th avenues.
- Fillmore Street will be down to two lanes between 4th and 8th avenues.
- Expect intermittent one lane closures during the daytime throughout the week at the following locations:
Pierce Street at 6th Avenue
Fillmore at 6th Avenue
10th Ave at Buchanan Street
I-40 Bridge Replacement (Soncy/Loop 335)
- The right-turn only lane going northbound on Loop 335 to the I-40 frontage road is closed.
- Various lane closures will occur on LP 335 between 34th Avenue and I-40 for the next few weeks while Atmos Energy relocates a gas line.
- Eastbound traffic traveling over Soncy Road on I-40 is shifted to the north, limiting traffic to one lane in each direction while bridge construction continues for the next several months.
I-40 Bridge Repair (Ross/Arthur)
- Due to bridge demolition, the Arthur Street underpass at I-40 will remain closed until April 6.
- Outside lanes of I-40 westbound and eastbound will be closed from Nelson Street to I-27.
- Left lane of the I-40 westbound frontage road will be closed from Quarter Horse Drive to Arthur Street.
- Outside lane of the I-40 eastbound frontage road will be closed in the area of Osage Street.
- Left lane of the I-40 eastbound frontage road between Wilson and Ross streets will be closed.
Downtown Connector (I-40 & I-27 Interchange)
- Left lane of the northbound I-27 frontage road is closed just north of the 26th Avenue exit for widening construction and other improvements.
- Ramp from 26th Avenue onto I-27 northbound also is closed.
- Ongoing closure of the I-27 southbound frontage road (left lane) and the center and right lane of I-27 south at the interchange as work continues on bridge construction.
South Loop 335 (Hollywood):
- Traffic will be reduced to one lane eastbound and westbound with no left turn lanes from I-27 to Valleyview Drive.
- Circle Drive will be closed at LP 335 until the westbound frontage road can be opened to traffic.
- Washington Street to I-27, the speed limit is reduced to 45 mph in both directions.
Southbound traffic on Bell Street will be reduced to one lane from north of LP 335 to south of LP 335.
- On-ramp from Washington Street to westbound Loop 335 is temporally realigned for widening.
- Intersection of South Western Street and Loop 335 is controlled by temporary traffic signals.
- Intersection of South Georgia Street and Loop 335 has a four-way stop condition.
- Work continues on and along the shoulders from Washington Street to I-27.
- Access to Loop 335 at Olympia Drive has been permanently closed.
- Access to Wilshire Drive, Valleyview Drive to the north and Lamount Drive will be closed at various times during the day.