Bruce Dickinson’s Memoir Debuts at No. 10 on New York Times Hardcover Non-Fiction Best-Seller List, Plus News on Metallica, Crobot + More
- Congrats are in order for Bruce Dickinson. The Iron Maiden frontman's new memoir, What Does This Button Do?, debuted at No. 10 on the New York Times' Hardcover Non-Fiction Best-Seller list. The singer not only delves into his start and tenure with Maiden, but also shares stories about his childhood, his passion for flying that led to a second career, his cancer battle and more. See a portion of Loudwire's recent chat with Dickinson in the video below.
- With the Master of Puppets reissue out, Metallica's Lars Ulrich will be doing a two-part special with his fellow bandmates on his It's Electric Beats 1 show. Part 1 airs today (Nov. 12) at 3PM PT, while the second part will air next Sunday (Nov. 19). Watch a trailer here
- Light the Torch's Howard Jones has been making the rounds of late and it looks as though he recently spent some time in the studio with Crobot as they prepare their next album for 2018. See a pair of Instagram posts here and here.
- Alice Cooper posted a tribute to Whitey Glan, his onetime touring drummer on the "Welcome to My Nightmare" tour, who died at the age of 71. Glan was also a session drummer who had worked with Lou Reed and he recently passed away after being diagnosed with lung cancer. Read Cooper's tribute here.
- The Dark Element, who just unleashed their self-titled debut album, also have a new video for fans to check out. Singer Anette Olzon provides the anthemic vocals set against a driving rock accompaniment in the performance-based clip for "The Ghost and the Reaper." Watch here.
- Lionheart, who recently released their Welcome to the West Coast II disc, just dropped a new video for their aggressive new track "Cursed." Pop the top and go rollin' with the band in the clip right here.
- Gerard Way's comic The Umbrella Academy is coming to life, with casting underway for Netflix's live-action adaptation. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Ellen Page has been cast in the role of Vanya, the only member of the dysfunctional family of superheroes who doesn't have supernatural powers. Way will be a co-executive producer on the project.
- Dark Funeral are undergoing a lineup change, with drummer Nils "Dominator" Fjellstroem exiting the band and a new drummer named Jalomaah ready to step in. The drummer stepped away from the band to address "personal matters." Watch a video clip of Jalomaah rehearsing and see the band's statement on Fjellstroem's exit here.
Bruce Dickinson Recalls a Past In-Air Emergency + More Life-Threatening Experiences