Hardest Things About Starting Your Own Business In Amarillo
It's the American Dream to have you own business. But it's a real challenge.
Here are some things you need think about before you open shop.
1. It's harder to take time off. A lot of people assume it's easier, since you don't have a boss. But if things go bad, it all falls back on you.
2. Long hours. You don't ever work a 9 to 5. You most likely work at least 10 hours a day.
3. Not having as much disposable income. At least not in the beginning.
4. It's harder to have a good work-life balance. If you have a family at home, they have to understand that it's up to you to keep the business going.
5. Working on the weekends.Your business will open on weekends which means you will be working too.
6. Getting customers. You are going to have to come up with a plan and figure out how much money you have to spend to get people in your door.
7. Dealing with all the admin stuff. When people call off or quit you will be the one covering shifts. You have to also have to make sure people get paid.
8. Making a name for yourself by getting out there. Shaking hands and meeting people takes time. Most likely when you are not at the shop you are marketing to the public.
9. It's harder to completely switch out of work mode. When you are home with the family most likely you are still thinking about work.
Did we miss anything? Tell us in the comment section below.