More Winter Weather Expected Today And Tomorrow In The Area
Waking up to snow this morning was bittersweet. It was pretty to watch from inside my nice warm home. The drive to work was another story.
According to the 7 day forecast from our friends at KAMR, we can expect more snow through today and we can expect more early tomorrow. The slick spots encountered on the roads this morning could multiply as we head into this evening and overnight.
TxDOT has been busy prepping roads in anticipation of today and tomorrow's winter weather. In a press release, they remind everyone to first check DriveTexas.org for current road conditions and to stay on top of weather forecasts.
They also had these tips to keep in mind if you must travel during the winter weather:
- Slow down. Speed limits are based on normal road and weather conditions, not winter road conditions.
- The best way to avoid skidding on ice is to slow down – decelerate around turns, avoid slamming on the brakes, or simply stay a few miles an hour under the speed limit – decreasing speed decreases your chances of losing control.
- Maintain at least three times the normal following distance in snow or icy conditions.
- Watch carefully for snow removal equipment and stay at least 200 feet behind snow plows.
- Use extra caution on bridges, ramps, overpasses and shaded areas as they tend to freeze first.
You can also check out the current forecast from our friends at KAMR by visiting their website.