Travel North or South at I-40 and Bell? Find an Alternate Route
Just when you thought it was safe to travel I-40 and Bell, think again, it will be a bit chaotic this week as they put the finishing touches on the construction project. If you don't want to be caught in a long line of traffic, you might want to find an alternate route this week. Here's your lane closures and construction update.
- Watch for various lane closures as seal coat operations continue on US 60 eastbound from the Amarillo city limits to the Carson County line.
- Amarillo Boulevard, expect various lane closures from SL 335 to Grand Street for seal coat operations.
- I-27 southbound, the right lane will be closed as motorists travel out of downtown while concrete repairs are made in the interchange area. Expect closures on both Pierce and Taylor Streets, as well.
- South Loop 335 (Soncy Road) various lanes will be closed at the intersections of 34th and 45th avenues for concrete work on sidewalks.
- Left lane of the I-27 southbound frontage road will be closed from the 26th Avenue exit ramp to 26th Avenue for bridge work on Tuesday, July 17 from 4 to 11 a.m.
- Watch for various closures related to the bridge construction project at I-40 and Bell:
- Crews will start daytime hot mix operations on Tuesday, July 17 by Goodwill. The westbound turnaround bridge will be closed during this time to facilitate paving operations.
- Tuesday, July 17, I-40 at Bell may be down to one lane at times during the evening for striping as crews work to reopen the interstate to three lanes in each direction.
- Surface hot mix operations are expected Wednesday through Friday, July 17 – 20. Traffic will be detoured to Plains Boulevard and then to Wolflin. See the map above.