We Can’t Escape the Construction So, Here’s Your Construction Update
The good news, once all the construction is finished Amarillo will be a bit easier to navigate. The bad news, until the construction is finished we have to deal with all these massive road closures.
This Week's Closures:
- Today, March 27, the right and center northbound and southbound lanes of Loop 335 (Soncy) will be closed from Hillside Drive to Interstate 40 for fog seal operations.
- Today, March 27, the left lane of Amarillo Boulevard will be closed in both directions at Grand Street for patching.
- Tuesday, March 28, the left and center northbound and southbound lanes of Loop 335 (Soncy) will be closed from Hillside Drive to Interstate 40 for fog seal operations.
- Various lanes closed on I-40 westbound from Helium to Adkisson Road for fog seal operations.
US 60 Downtown
- Northbound thru traffic on I-27 will be detoured to Fillmore Street.
- Buchanan Street will be closed to thru traffic between 8th and 6th Avenues.
- Fillmore Street will be down to two lanes between 4th and 8th avenues.
I-40 Bridge Replacement (Soncy/Loop 335)
- The right-turn only lane going northbound on Loop 335 to the I-40 frontage road is closed.
- Various lane closures will occur on LP 335 between 34th Avenue and I-40 for the next few weeks while Atmos Energy relocates a gas line.
- Eastbound traffic traveling over Soncy Road on I-40 is shifted to the north, limiting traffic to one lane in each direction while bridge construction continues for the next several months.
I-40 Bridge Repair (Ross/Arthur)
- Arthur Street underpass at I-40 will be closed on the Tuesday Morning, March 21, for demolition, and will reopen on Thursday evening, March 30. After reopening Arthur Street, the outside (right) lanes, northbound and southbound, will be closed at the I-40 overpass.
- Outside lanes of I-40 westbound and eastbound will be closed from Nelson Street to I-27.
- Inside lane of the I-40 westbound frontage road is closed from Quarter Horse Drive to Arthur Street.
- Outside lane of the I-40 eastbound frontage road is closed in the area of Osage Street.
- Left lane of the I-40 eastbound frontage road between Wilson and Ross streets is closed.
Downtown Connector (I-40 & I-27 Interchange)
- Left lane of the northbound I-27 frontage road is closed just north of the 26th Avenue exit for widening construction and other improvements.
- Ramp from 26th Avenue onto I-27 northbound also is closed.
- Ongoing closure of the I-27 southbound frontage road (left lane) and the center and right lane of I-27 south at the interchange as work continues on bridge construction.
South Loop 335 (Hollywood):
- Traffic will be reduced to one lane with flaggers between Washington and Georgia streets during the daytime only.
- Access to Wilshire Drive, Valleyview Drive to the north and Lamount Drive will be closed at various times during the day.
- Circle Drive will be closed at LP 335 until the westbound frontage road can be opened to traffic.
- Washington Street to I-27, the speed limit is reduced to 45 mph in both directions.
Southbound traffic on Bell Street will be reduced to one lane from north of LP 335 to south of LP 335.
- On-ramp from Washington Street to westbound Loop 335 is temporally realigned for widening.
- Intersection of South Western Street and Loop 335 is controlled by temporary traffic signals.
- Intersection of South Georgia Street and Loop 335 has a four-way stop condition.
- Traffic on Western Street crossing LP 335 will be moved from the east side of Western Street to the newly constructed west lanes. Traffic will still be reduced to one lane in each direction with a right turn lane for southbound traffic at the LP 335 intersection.
- Work continues on and along the shoulders from Washington Street to I-27.
- Access to Loop 335 at Olympia Drive has been permanently closed.